Here I am… excited and nervous all at the same time to write my first food blog post! Since it’s the first post to Some Oven Lovin’ blog it has to be something that used an oven. And, a tried and true, one of my most made and requested recipes.. beer bread! Most people say, “you made this from scratch!?” To which you confidently respond, “yes! of course!” What you don’t have to tell them is how easy peasy it really is.
This bread is fabulous fresh out of the oven with some butter melted on it, works great to cut up in squares to use with artichoke dip or toast it up in the morning and serve with butter and jam! You might as well make 2 loaves right off the bat like I do as 1 will be gone so quickly.
Beer bread is also a favorite recipe in my kitchen as it’s a great one for kids to help with. Here’s my Levi mixin’ away!
- 2¾ c. Self Rising Flour
- 4 T. Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 can of room temperature beer or soda (12 oz.)
- Mix all ingredients together, batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Sit pan on the counter while you preheat your oven to 350.
- Bake bread for 45 minutes.
- Brush with butter after removing bread from the oven.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes and remove from pan to cooling rack.