If you can brown hamburger, you can make this soup! There’s just nothing better than a nice bowl of warm vegetable beef soup to warm you up on a cold January day. This soup was a family favorite growing up and now a staple in our home. I always have the ingredients on hand so I can whip up a batch after work.
My favorite part about this soup recipe is that it’s a super healthy soup and fantastic way for the whole family to get their veggies and protein in. My baby even scarfs this down when I serve it up! I usually double the recipe so we can have it for meals in the coming week and a great lunch to take to work.
Now, if you don’t have the ingredients for this super simple soup, add it to your grocery list. You won’t regret it.
I highly recommend mixing up some Beer Bread to have with your vegetable beef soup too!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 can (46 oz) Tomato Juice
- 1 pkg Beef Ramen Noodles
- 1 pkg Frozen Mixed Vegetable
- 1 pkg French Onion Soup Mix
- Brown and drain hamburger.
- While browning hamburger pour tomato juice into large stock pot.
- Add mixed vegetable, french onion soup mix, and contents of beef ramen noodle seasoning packet.
- When hamburger is browned add to pot.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil and add in ramen noodles.
- Cook for 3 minutes until noodles are tender.