These soft homemade pretzels will not disappoint! The last time I served them, my 3-year old sits up to the dinner table and says, “OH YUM, MOM!” “Those are going to be GOOD!” And, good they were! There was no begging the kids to finish eating these. The only problem is they didn’t want to stop eating.
Serve these for a snack or they go great with soup! The reheat beautifully in a toaster oven as well and taste like they’re fresh outta the oven.
Now, give your oven some lovin’ and bake some of these this weekend. Your neighbors will be knocking on your door when they catch a whif of your kitchen.
- 1 (.25 ounce) pkg. fast rising yeast
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1½ c. warm water (120 degrees)
- 4 c. all purpose flour
- 3 T. baking soda
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 2 T kosher salt
- Dissolve the yeast, brown sugar and salt in the 1½ cups of warm water. Stir in flour. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth, about 10 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl and coat the surface. Cover and let rise, about 1 hour.
- After dough has risen, cut into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 3 foot rope, pencil thin and twist into a pretzel shape.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Fill a skillet pan ½ full of water and bring to a low boil, keep on low boil. Add in 3 T of baking soda. Using a large spatula dip pretzel into boiling water/baking soda while dough rises a bit. Take out with spatula and place on parchment paper. Repeat for all pretzels.
- Bake pretzels for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Eat one quick before your family eats them all!